$25 Billion Dollars and Chinese Checkers - Golf GTE Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 27 Old 04-22-2014, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
$25 Billion Dollars and Chinese Checkers

VW CEO Winterkorn announced a new $25 Billion dollar initiative for the red state, 6 EV's in China by 2018. Apparently the plan has been through several revisions and even more false starts, but now with the plan set to launch it is the largest electric transportation initiative in China to date.

http://green.autoblog.com/2014/04/22...china-by-2018/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 04-23-2014, 02:41 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
good for china

if they continue to pump out fumes the way they do... it wont end well for them
post #3 of 27 Old 04-23-2014, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Good move, now that they have this mission planned it has me wondering if it will push other car makers to do the same, maybe GM will try to rival them

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 04-23-2014, 04:39 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I heard that the Chinese are overly excited about electric vehicles despite their terrible air quality. Do you think that over the next while the Chinese population's attitudes will change. I think that the Chinese government will push it, and the Chinese government is pretty good at getting people to go along with them.
post #5 of 27 Old 04-23-2014, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Actually this is perhaps a bit insensitive of VW to be announcing a EV initiative for a country that had to shut down mining of lith-ion battery materials due to pollution

Maybe VW is hoping that if they can provide a domestic consumer of these products it will spur the govvy to ramp it north?

post #6 of 27 Old 04-24-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.BIG View Post
I heard that the Chinese are overly excited about electric vehicles despite their terrible air quality. Do you think that over the next while the Chinese population's attitudes will change. I think that the Chinese government will push it, and the Chinese government is pretty good at getting people to go along with them.
i think china will have to make rapid changes very soon

they are realizing this.. they just need to find ways to implement more green laws without hurting their export.
post #7 of 27 Old 04-24-2014, 11:42 AM

well these guys in this shot must all be midgets

post #8 of 27 Old 04-24-2014, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Definitely not perfectly fit for Americans

post #9 of 27 Old 04-24-2014, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I wonder what kind of policies China will end up implementing in order to sway people towards green vehicles. It could be a soft touch, or it could be a heavy handed touch. Only something quite dramatic will be able to actually do something to curb their pollution problem. Maybe they can do like some European cities and ban people from driving on certain days based on their license plate numbers. They already have the one child policy, so I can't see how regulating the driving of cars would be too radical. They might not even have to do it long term, but just use it when pollution is really bad to cut down on that smog.
post #10 of 27 Old 04-24-2014, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.BIG View Post
I wonder what kind of policies China will end up implementing in order to sway people towards green vehicles. It could be a soft touch, or it could be a heavy handed touch. Only something quite dramatic will be able to actually do something to curb their pollution problem. Maybe they can do like some European cities and ban people from driving on certain days based on their license plate numbers. They already have the one child policy, so I can't see how regulating the driving of cars would be too radical. They might not even have to do it long term, but just use it when pollution is really bad to cut down on that smog.
LOL if you really think Chinas pollution problem is driven by citizens driving I want the name of your dealer . China's pollution problem is directly linked to their construction and export sector. On a global scale cars account for very little of the pollution, we're aiming at a symptom here not the disease.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ars-world.html

Quote:
reveals that the super-ships that keep the West in everything from Christmas gifts to computers pump out killer chemicals linked to thousands of deaths because of the filthy fuel they use...

As ships get bigger, the pollution is getting worse. The most staggering statistic of all is that just 16 of the world’s largest ships can produce as much lung-clogging sulphur pollution as all the world’s cars.
you really want to 'fix' China and support green agendas stop buying cheap Chinese crap, and that includes iPhones and other gadgetry using made in China components (like lithium mined in China)...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Golf GTE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page