GTD or GTE - Golf GTE Forum
User Tag List

 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 02-03-2014, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
GTD or GTE

here to see if the GTE will make sense for me or if i should stick with the GTD as originally planned. Both should show up within a similar time frame, I HOPE!



GolfGTEAdmin likes this.
teutonic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 02-03-2014, 12:59 PM
Member
 
VR6ftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teutonic View Post
here to see if the GTE will make sense for me or if i should stick with the GTD as originally planned. Both should show up within a similar time frame, I HOPE!
Teutonic, where in the world are you located?

GTD is confirmed for the U.S. market. I expect GTE will be confirmed as well.

The GTE's powertrain should carry a price premium over the GTD, so that's something to think about.

If you drive much in the city, the GTE's pure-electric mode should return substantially better fuel economy over the GTD's always-burning engine.
VR6ftw is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 02-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I think the GTE should be practical enough, just need to look into the details and how you'll be using it.



VRVW is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 Old 02-06-2014, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
the only thing that concerns me is the long term cost of owning a hybrid. The batteries decay from day one, and the threat of replacement becomes very real after 5 years of operation.



teutonic is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 02-06-2014, 03:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teutonic View Post
the only thing that concerns me is the long term cost of owning a hybrid. The batteries decay from day one, and the threat of replacement becomes very real after 5 years of operation.
the best thing you can do it just lease it for 4-5 years and then get rid of it. no point owning it for life, too costly



VRVW is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 02-07-2014, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRVW View Post
the best thing you can do it just lease it for 4-5 years and then get rid of it. no point owning it for life, too costly
yes thats true. Leasing is an avenue i would rather not explore to be honest. I would prefer to hold onto it for a while. Nothing better than NOT having car payments...



teutonic is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 02-11-2014, 02:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 209
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teutonic View Post
yes thats true. Leasing is an avenue i would rather not explore to be honest. I would prefer to hold onto it for a while. Nothing better than NOT having car payments...
thats true, i just rather not have to deal with big issues and big maintenance jobs that come with really old cars.



VRVW is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 02-11-2014, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRVW View Post
thats true, i just rather not have to deal with big issues and big maintenance jobs that come with really old cars.
oh absolutely, thats one of the major reasons I'm here, trying to feel it out. Probably going to wait for the second model year just to watch the GTE's progress and reliability...

you know that old first year german stigma...



teutonic is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 02-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
What exactly is the GTD?
calek is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 02-12-2014, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calek View Post
What exactly is the GTD?
Its the GTI Diesel which has also been confirmed for North America...





teutonic is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Golf GTE Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off